The Wexford Carol- Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Good people all, this Christmas time,
Consider well and bear in mind
What our good God for us has done,
In sending His beloved Son.
With Mary holy we should pray
To God with love this Christmas day;
In Bethlehem upon the morn
There was a blest Messiah born.
The night before that happy tide
The noble virgin and her guide
Were long time seeking up and down
To find a lodging in the town.
But mark how all things came to pass:
From ev'ry door repelled, alas!
As long foretold, their refuge all
Was but a humble oxen stall.
Near Bethlehem did shepherds keep
Their flocks of lambs and feeding sheep;
To whom God's angels did appear
Which put the shepherds in great fear.
"Prepare and go," the angels said,
"To Bethlehem, be not afraid;
For there you'll find, this happy morn,
A princely Babe, sweet Jesus born."
With thankful heart and joyful mind,
The shepherds went the babe to find,
And as God's angel has foretold,
They did our Savior Christ behold.
Within a manger He was laid,
And by His side the virgin maid
Attending to the Lord of Life,
Who came on earth to end all strife.
#LIGHTtheWORLD- Day 20
Jesus Saw Potential in Others and So Can You
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE:
- Be a mentor or tutor to someone.
- Learn about our divine potential.
- Take a child to work with you, and let him or her do a small part of your job.
- Donate to a scholarship at your local high school.
- Cheer someone on! Attend an athletic, cultural, or similar event to support someone you know.
- Help a child learn to set goals.
- Contribute your abilities to an adult education class in your area.
- List some positive qualities in someone you don't get along with.
- Visit JustServe.org for more ways to #LIGHTtheWORLD in your community (U.S. and Canada only).