This is a sad part of the world in which we live.
This has been true since Cain killed Abel and through all the generations of time.
And as long as the adversary has control over the hearts of men, it will continue to happen.
So...what can we do? How can we help?
We can have hope in kindness and charity, which is the pure love of Christ.
But what hope can do is move us into action. Having hope in the good of mankind can bring us together with others who have hope, and together, we can make a difference.
My prayer is that we will remember that good will ALWAYS conquer evil. Light will ALWAYS conquer darkness. May we be the ones who bring light and love to the lives of those who are suffering.
We do live in a wonderful world and when we come together with faith, love, and hope we can make a difference in the lives of those who are suffering.
Sleep Well Little Children/ What a Wonderful World- Kristin Chenoweth
#LIGHTtheWORLD- Day 16
Jesus Showed Compassion and So Can You
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE:
- Pray for an opportunity today to show someone compassion.
- Participate in a local sub-for-Santa for a family that could use some holiday cheer.
- Try leaving only encouraging comments on social media.
- Find a GoFundMe.com account of a family or person in need and donate to the account.
- Don’t be afraid to look a homeless person in the eye and smile.
- Volunteer to babysit the children of a single parent so he or she can finish Christmas shopping.
- Make a simple sacrifice for someone else, whether it’s giving up a seat on the train or letting someone else have the perfect parking space.
- Visit JustServe.org for more ways to #LIGHTtheWORLD in your community (U.S. and Canada only).