'Twas the night before the last day of this college semester.
Everyone had turned in, except for me and the Mister.
I climbed into bed and started to pray
that I would be able to finish the final paper I had worked on that day.
I prayed that tomorrow everything would jive
that my mind would be clear
and the words would add up to 100 X 5.
When suddenly my mind lit up light a fire.
My mind began racing and I started to perspire.
Could this dear paper be due today, not tomorrow?
I reached for my phone
my heart filling with sorrow.
Yep. Sure enough. Due today by 11.
To my computer I dashed, the seconds ticking by.
"I can do this", I thought as I tried not to cry.
I woke up my computer who was fast asleep,
fired up my Word document with a blip and a bleep.
It was a race with the clock that I felt I was losing.
Then the sweet spirit calmed me and said, "Just keep doing what you're doing."
At 10:59, with 1 minute to spare,
the submit button was clicked and I sprang from my chair.
Today's song came all at once
in a rush to my brain.
"Hallelujah!" I thought,
"The Holy Ghost wins again!"
Hallelujah Chorus- The Mormon Tabernacle Choir
#LIGHTtheWORLD- Day 15
Jesus Worshipped Through Song and So Can You
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE:
- Listen to Christmas hymns for an entire day.
- Share your favorite performance of a Christmas hymn on social media.
- Invite a friend to attend a Christmas Day worship service to sing hymns and worship God.
- Do some Christmas caroling over video chat.
- Learn a new Christmas hymn. Here’s a classic.
- Watch the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing the “Hallelujah Chorus” with the world’s largest virtual choir.
- Make a Christmas playlist and share it.
- Include a musical program with your Christmas Eve festivities.
- Go Christmas caroling to the widows, widowers, and lonely in your neighborhood or church congregation.
- Visit JustServe.org for more ways to #LIGHTtheWORLD in your community (U.S. and Canada only).