My eyes are filled with tears right now.
I sat down at the computer this morning with the intent of featuring a different song for today's post. But as I was perusing YouTube, another song caught my eye. I cannot believe that I have not seen this video until today because I love Peter and Evynne Hollens. They are incredible musicians, but more importantly, they are incredible human beings. And their tiny human being is seriously one of THE cutest little boys I have ever seen in my life. He has the sweetest little face and the cutest personality. Listen to me, talking like I know him...okay, I admit it, I may or may not stalk their family on social media. But he's just so sweet and stinkin' cute!
Now I am rambling again...one of my favorite pasttimes. Okay. This song- actually this video for the song- tugged on heart strings that I didn't even know needed to be tugged and I realized a few things... I need to be more compassionate. I need to be more aware of those in need around me. I need to be more humble and grateful for the blessings that I have. I need to be more like my Savior.
Grown Up Christmas List- Peter and Evynne Hollens
#LIGHTtheWORLD- Day 9
Jesus Visited the Lonely and So Can You
- Visit a nursing home. Studies show that 60 percent of those living in a nursing home never get visitors during their stay.
- Invite a widow or widower to dinner.
- Think of someone who will be alone for Christmas, and invite him or her to attend a church service with you on Christmas Day.
- Better understand Jesus Christ’s teachings about reaching out to the lonely by reading this message or this one.
- Send a friendly text to someone who could use a boost. No one come to mind? Pray and ask God for someone that needs an uplifting text.
- Send a letter or message to someone who is currently living away from home.
- Identify someone in your neighborhood you have never met. Take him or her a Christmas treat and introduce yourself.
- At work, school, or church, sit by a new person and get to know him or her.
- Visit JustServe.org for more ways to #LIGHTtheWORLD in your community (U.S. and Canada only).