As I was drifting off to sleep last night, Mark leaned over and told me the sad news that actor Alan Thicke had passed away. For any child of the 80's, this news can't help but make you sad.
We welcomed the Seaver family into our homes every week as we watched "Growing Pains". We had the Kirk Cameron posters on our wall. We were sad when the show was cancelled and then happy again when Mr. Seaver showed up as a host for the game show "Pictionary". Good times. Definitely some good times.
(I wish I could have found a picture of me wearing my Charms shirt or at the very least, a picture of the shirt at all. It was THE coolest thing to showcase your Charms collection. Just imagine a magenta sweatshirt with three rows of small white loops that you could clip your Charms on. It was RAD.)
Winter Wonderland- The Eurythmics
#LIGHTtheWORLD- Day 14
Jesus Taught Us to Clothe the Naked and You Can Help
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE:
- Learn from a wise king how we should love those in need.
- Recently purchased some new clothes? Donate some old ones to a charity or thrift store.
- Collect winter clothing (old or new) for your local homeless shelter.
- Learn some basic sewing skills or help someone else to do the same.
- Invite your children to go through their clothing and identify two complete outfits that can be donated to a thrift store.
- Knit a cap for a newborn baby and donate it to your local hospital.
- Buy hand warmers and give them to people working (or living) outside in the cold.
- Visit JustServe.org for more ways to #LIGHTtheWORLD in your community (U.S. and Canada only).