Nothing says Christmas like Bing Crosby and his "White Christmas" masterpiece.
I have this on vinyl that we listen to on a record player that I inherited from my grandparents. It's inside a beautiful wood cabinet and when I play it, I am transported back in time. It's not the one that they had inside their house--my mom has that one--but it reminds me of them all the same.
Before my grandpa passed away, he took me to his garage where he showed me this record player. His friend had given it to him. I told him that it was beautiful and he said something like, "If you like it, take it!" And so I did. I wasn't even sure if it worked properly. Fortunately, it does and from time to time, we will slap a vinyl record on and enjoy that classic vinyl sound. I love it.
White Christmas- Bing Crosby
#LIGHTtheWORLD- Day 13
Jesus Showed Humility and So Can You
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE:
- No matter your age, ask a parent how to deal with a current challenge in your life.
- Share an experience with loved ones about a time you had to rely on God’s help.
- Think of a time you were wrong about someone. Share your experience with a loved one.
- Learn to laugh at yourself. Start by posting an embarrassing childhood picture.
- Do some bragging today—about someone else.
- Discover how we can learn humility from children.
- Ask someone for some honest advice on a personal problem you’re facing.
- Be open to learning something new.
- Visit JustServe.org for more ways to #LIGHTtheWORLD in your community (U.S. and Canada only).