Joy to the World, the Lord is Come.
Let earth receive her King.
Let every heart, prepare Him room.
And heaven and nature sing,
and heaven and nature sing,
and heaven and heaven and nature sing.
Today's song is a fun arrangement of an old classic. I have recently discovered James the Mormon. Normally, I am not into the whole rap scene, but I have really enjoyed listening to some of his songs, especially this version of Joy to the World that I am sharing today. He also has put out some great videos answering questions about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints...or "the Mormons." Here are two of my favorites...
Joy to the World- James The Mormon & The National Parks
#LIGHTtheWORLD- Day 19
Jesus Calmed the Storm and So Can You
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE:
- Review the emergency response plans for your area.
- Give your family or loved ones the gift of a 72-hour kit for emergencies.
- Learn ways you can help people around the world through charitable giving.
- Consider ways to reduce contention in your home.
- Watch and share this inspiring story of service in the wake of natural disaster.
- Listen to a performance of “Master, the Tempest Is Raging.”
- Help shovel snow in your neighborhood after a snowstorm.
- Give your neighbors low-cost emergency items as Christmas gifts.
- Help an elderly or disabled person winterize his or her home.
- Help your loved ones stock their cars with warm emergency clothes.
- Visit JustServe.org for more ways to #LIGHTtheWORLD in your community (U.S. and Canada only).
I am going to add one more...
- Start by taking in some deep breaths. Count to 4 while you breathe in, hold your breath for 8 counts and then slowly breathe out while you count to 7. I know, the numbers are random, but you can remember it this way...it's called 4-7-8 breathing. This breathing exercise resets your brain and slows down your racing heart.
- Time to break out a paper and pen and start clearing your mind of the distorted thoughts. What are you thinking that is making you feel anxious? Write down that thought. Then start listing all of the ways that it is not true. As you do this, that distortion dissapates and your brain can see that what it is thinking is not actually a true thought.
- TALK TO SOMEONE YOU TRUST. Don't hold your anxiety in. Don't let your thoughts tell you that no one understands (in other words, Satan. Don't let Satan tell you that no one will understand.) If you truly feel that no one here on earth will understand what you are going through, get down on your knees and pray. Your Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ understand you completely. My guess is that because of your prayer, you will be led to someone who can help you. Faith and trust in a higher power, my friends...FAITH AND TRUST.